Viewing By Entry / Main
Published: August 11, 2008 at 11:05 AM
In honor of the Orympic (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose) games in Beijing, I plesent (that one, too) my thoughts from the first three days of competition.
- My cousin Dan, who just returned from China, corrected my pronunciation of Beijing. Phonetically it's pronounced Bay Jing not Bay Zhing. Say it right Bob Costas!
- And1 Mixtape Tour : NBA :: U.S. Olympic Team : FIBA
- Team Handball—think soccsketball—looks like a sport I would have loved to play in middle school, which by default would make it a great adult, co-ed league sport.
- Brian McBride is the United States' best soccer player (sorry Landon).
- I probably can't swim 50 meters in the time the U.S. Men's 4x100 Freestyle Relay team finished their race.
- Gymnasts can perform gravity defying routines during audible ruckus (music, cheering, concurrent events), yet tennis players and golfers can't hit a ball without complete silence. It makes no sense.
- Synchronized diving? Uhm...are you serious?